12 June 2007

when it rains...

...it's a DOWNPOUR. I have a great view from my hard-won castle corner edit bay, and I love it. At one point I could see blue sky reflected on a skyscraper beyond, while huge drops of rain plummeted onto the stone terrace just outside my window. Now, the entire sky is silver gray, and the sounds of growling thunder and pounding rain are soothing, filtering in.

20 minutes ago, I was under the trees and sun with my friend Dave M, blissfully chomping down on the famous Shake Shack burger in Madison Square Park.

This is what I'd miss about New York.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like watching the heavy rain come down on the blue tile roof on the house next door too. Behindthe double glass window I have a sense of security and I peace that comes with the muffled sound of the rain drops hitting the tiles...